Scan American, located in Kansas City, Missouri, is a leading North American distributor of food, beverage, pet food, and cosmetic processing equipment. We are a tight-knit team of dedicated professionals who love what we do every day. We experiment and try new things, we aren’t afraid to fail, we work collaboratively and accomplish collectively. Our company is dynamic and our solutions are diversified throughout critical and stable industries poised for growth. At Scan American there is opportunity to grow in the ways you would like to grow and flexibility to work in the way you would like to work, all while impacting global supply chains of goods and products you use every day. We are currently looking for an extraordinary individual to join our team as we look to grow our meat and food processing solutions.
The ideal candidate will serve customers by installing and servicing systems and products and will act as a technical generalist in a variety of disciplines including but not limited to mechanical, piping, instrumentation and electrical.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedules; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing factory acceptance tests.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Keep personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Provide liaison services between customer and supplier.
- Site installation and site start-up support.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Review and provide input on P&ID’s.
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Support and follow all company safety protocols and procedures.
Education and Experience Required
- A minimum of 2-5 years of technical project management experience.
- BS in engineering, BSME preferred.
- Effective computer skills: MS Office required, AutoCAD a plus.
- Allen Bradley and Siemens programming abilities a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as applied to electrical and mechanical design, schematics and troubleshooting of process and industrial systems.
- Solid planning, organizing, and communication skills and self-motivated.
- Experience managing suppliers and contractors.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
About Scan American
Since our founding in 1977, Scan American has served the processing equipment needs of hundreds of companies in North America in the meat and poultry, seafood, cheese, beverage, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical industries. Whether it’s, further processing, inspection, cooking, freezing, or size reduction, our comprehensive offering includes many products that enable us to custom tailor equipment solutions that meet the production line objectives, labor goals, budget constraints, and brand image of our customers.
Our Scope Of Services Includes The Following
SAC is strategically located near the Kansas City International Airport. A full-service test lab is available for customers to run product tests and test-run equipment before they buy. We take pride in offering only the best solutions in processing technology. Our drive is to provide our customers with technology that matches processing needs.
- Fully Equipped, 2,100 square foot test lab with cold-room capability in which customers can test their own products on equipment they are considering for purchase.
- Demonstration machines are available at our facility for in-house testing or optionally sent to the customer’s facility for in-plant viability testing.
- Full OEM parts inventory of all products lines stocked at SAC headquarters, ready for immediate delivery.
- SAC maintains a well-qualified staff of Field Service Technicians.
- Comprehensive post-installation services.
- Project management for turnkey projects.
- Engineering support for plant layouts and equipment installation.
Employment Type: Full-time