Serves customers by installing and servicing systems and products. Act as a technical generalist in a variety of disciplines including but not limited to mechanical, piping, instrumentation and electrical.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing factory acceptance tests.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Keep personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Provide liaison services between customer and supplier.
- Site installation and site start-up support.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Review and provide input on P&ID’s.
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Support and follow all company safety protocols and procedures.
Education and Experience Required
- A minimum of 2-5 years of technical project management experience.
- BS in engineering, BSME preferred.
- Effective computer skills: MS Office required, AutoCAD a plus.
- Allen Bradley and Siemens programming abilities a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as applied to electrical and mechanical design, schematics and troubleshooting of process and industrial systems.
- Solid planning, organizing, and communication skills and self-motivated.
- Experience managing suppliers and contractors.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.