Sales Engineer – Processing Equipment Solutions
Scan American, located in Kansas City, Missouri, is a leading North American distributor of food, beverage, pet food, and cosmetic processing equipment. We are a tight-knit team of dedicated professionals who love what we do every day. We experiment and try new things, we aren’t afraid to fail, we work collaboratively and accomplish collectively. Our company is dynamic and our solutions are diversified throughout critical and stable industries poised for growth. At Scan American there is opportunity to grow in the ways you would like to grow and flexibility to work in the way you would like to work, all while impacting global supply chains of goods and products you use every day. We are currently looking for an extraordinary individual to join our sales team as we look to grow our meat and food processing solutions.
Tasks And Responsibilities
The Sales Engineer – Processing Equipment Solutions Consultant position shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Own existing and grow new customer base in meat and food processing sector. Your primary focus will be to develop and sell processing equipment solutions in the cooking, smoking, freezing, grinding, and line automation categories.
- Sell to customers by identifying customer needs, facilitate quoting appropriate equipment, and negotiate pricing to realize the value of Scan American equipment.
- Make scheduled visits to multiple targeted customers to different regions to build relationships, showcase Scan American technologies, and lead the sales process to generate sales.
- Provide consultation to customers on meat processing and cooking applications and how they can impact their business.
- Assist with customer equipment demonstrations and trials.
- Use current CRM software Salesforce to plan the workload, create and track customer interactions, opportunities, and orders. Use database tools, LinkedIn & ZoomInfo, for prospecting.
- Achieve budgeted sales, margins, and net profit goals of the business unit.
- 50% travel required, which may fluctuate each year according to trade shows, training visits, and customer visits and installations.
- Review trade publications, to stay current with the marketplace, technological developments, competitor offerings, and to garner customer leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of meat plant operations and related equipment.
- Experience with cooking, freezing, grinding, and further processing of meat or food products.
- Sales and business development experience with proven growth results.
- Thermal process knowledge.
- Possess or obtain a valid passport.
- Solid planning, organizing, and self-motivated.
- Ability to analyze markets and develop a targeted sales approach to capture growing opportunities.
- Experience evaluating bids, negotiation, and managing suppliers.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to effectively communicate with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Excellent closing and follow-up skills.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs.
- Microsoft Office, Salesforce, LinkedIn, and ZoomInfo.
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job type: Sales
- Education: 4-year degree
- Experience: 5+ years
- Required travel: ~50% both domestic and international
- Office time: Flexible with work from home options when not traveling
- Excellent benefits: Low deductible health insurance, dental, 401K match, cell phone & computer provided
About Scan American
Since our founding in 1977, Scan American has served the processing equipment needs of hundreds of companies in North America in the meat and poultry, seafood, cheese, beverage, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical industries. Whether it’s, further processing, inspection, cooking, freezing, or size reduction, our comprehensive offering includes many products that enable us to custom tailor equipment solutions that meet the production line objectives, labor goals, budget constraints, and brand image of our customers.
Our Scope Of Services Includes The Following
SAC is strategically located near the Kansas City International Airport. A full-service test lab is available for customers to run product tests and test-run equipment before they buy. We take pride in offering only the best solutions in processing technology. Our drive is to provide our customers with technology that matches processing needs.
- Fully Equipped, 2,100 square foot test lab with cold-room capability in which customers can test their own products on equipment they are considering for purchase.
- Demonstration machines are available at our facility for in-house testing or optionally sent to the customer’s facility for in-plant viability testing.
- Full OEM parts inventory of all products lines stocked at SAC headquarters, ready for immediate delivery.
- SAC maintains a well-qualified staff of Field Service Technicians.
- Comprehensive post-installation services.
- Project management for turnkey projects.
- Engineering support for plant layouts and equipment installation.